Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Baby Cake

Lindsay, my sister-in-law's family, has this tradition of doing a "Baby Cake" for pregnant couples before they find out the sex of their baby. They make a round cake that is half pink in color and half blue and then frost it so you don't know which half is what. Then they spin it around and the pregnant woman cuts a slice and if the slice she cuts is pink she is having a girl and if it's blue she is having a boy. They have been 100% accurate so far.
We did our "Baby Cake" tonight and I cut a PINK piece of cake! I was very excited, however Ben was not so much. . . . I think he even almost cried (out of disappointment). We will hopefully find out next week if the "Baby Cake" is right. I am hoping it is, but Ben is praying for us to break the 100% streak. We will let everyone know when we know.

3 comments:

Case said...

what a fun idea!! i hope you do have a girl so she can date brock you know! but either way i'm super excited!!! and you look really cute in your picture too by the way...

Nana Laurie said...

Cute idea. We are all waiting to hear. I'm so glad your mom can be there with you for the "unveiling".
(PS... Love the new look of your blog).

Becky and Ben said...

That is a way cute idea! Well, I hope you get just what you want. Even though boys are still way fun (and from what I hear, not as much drama). You'll have to post when you know the sex. I am so excited for you! I've been dying to find out since the day I knew I was pregnant (well maybe even before I knew). But alas, I still have 8 more weeks until I find out. Therefore, I am insanely jealous of you! Hope all is well, and you're feeling well!